Saturday, December 8, 2012

Wayne Goddard Bachman 1914 - 1966

Life Sketch
(1914-1966)

I was born December 31, 1914, at Burley, Idaho.  My father, J. R. Bachman, was Cashier at the Burley factory at that time.  I can say that I was born into the sugar business, and that has been all I have known and associated with throughout my life.
My formal education consisted of graduation from Ogden High School and two years of college education at the University of Utah.  I have taken two correspondence courses, one in chemical engineering and one in industrial management.

I have worked for no other company, and started my employment with Amalgamated June 10, 1935, in the accounting department of the General Office.  July 24, 1935, I married and went to Clarksburg, California, for the first campaign.  I worked as a juice benchman that campaign.  February, 1, 1936, I was transferred to Twin Falls and worked there as a pan benchman the first year, and then was promoted to assistant chemist for the 1937-38 campaign.  September 1, 1938, I was transferred to Rupert as chief chemist and held that position until June 1, 1943.  I was transferred back to Twin Falls at that time as Assistant Superintendent, and held that position until March 1, 1954.  I was transferred back to Rupert at that time as Superintendent, and am in that position at the present time.


My service throughout these past 26 years has been very rewarding and satisfying.  I have associated with many very fine men and have had the rpivilege and opportunity to work on the remodeling and renovation of the Twin Falls factory and the Rupert factory.  At the present time we are building a pulp dryer and storage warehouse at the Rupert factory, and these are very fine additions to this factory.

The most insteresting experiences that I have had were associated with the ion-exchange process trial at Twin Falls and the construction work I have been concerned with at both the Twin Falls and Rupert factories.

Wayne G. Bachman, in J. R. Bachman, Story Of The Amalgamated Sugar Company 1897-1961, (Caldwell, Idaho: Caxton Printers, Ltd., 1962), pp. 357-358.



Notes:
When Wayne was young he was about the same age as Mark Bachman.  Wayne's father bought Wayne a convertable and he and Mark aka "Tillie" got into lots of trouble.  In fact one time Wayne ended up in jail.  When the two boys came home they acted like nothing had happened.





Ogden Standard Examiner around 1931




Birth: Dec. 31, 1914
Ogden
Weber County
Utah, USA
Death: Jun. 5, 1966
Ketchum
Blaine County
Idaho, USA

 Spouse:
  Anita Evelyn Cottle (1915 - 2000)

 Children:
  Joseph Rexel Bachman II (1936 - 1978)*

Burial:
Sunset Memorial Park Cemetery
Twin Falls
Twin Falls County
Idaho, USA

Sons Joseph Rexel Bachman II

Danel Bachman



Headstone for Wayne Goddard Bachman and Anita Evelyn Cottle (Bachman). Sunset Memorial Cemetery, Twin Falls, Idaho.