1. William Duncan b 10 July 1827 Liff Benvie and Invergowrie, Angus, Scotland
2. Margaret Duncan born 9 August 1829, Liff Benvie and Invergowrie, Angus, Scotland (married David Craig, seaman, see 1861 census)
3. Andrew Greig Duncan born 3 July 1831 Liff Benvie and Invergowrie, Angus, Scotland (not found after this date, apparently he died before the 1841 census)
4. Jean Robbie Duncan born 23 April 1833 Liff Benvie and Invergowrie, Angus, Scotland GS Film 0993484-0993485 (not found after this date, apparently she died before the 1841 census)
5. Charles Duncan Jr. born 4 July 1835 Liff Benvie and Invergowrie, Angus, Scotland (seaman master mate)
6. George Duncan, born 1838
7. Christina Duncan, born January 1841 twin
8. Elizabeth Duncan, born January 1841, twin
(Note: Seeing that Charles Sr. is a seaman, this would explain why he doesn't show up on the 1841 or 1851 census, however the1861 census finds him at home.)
1800 November 7, Charles Duncan born, father is David and Mother Margaret from Coupar Angus
(information is on his Maritime certificate)
1829 August 9, Liff Benvie and Invergowrie, Angus Scotland
Possible birth of Margaret Duncan to Charles Duncan and Christina Gruar (Gruar spelling a little off) see cert below
1841 census: They live at Smalls Wynd, Dundee
Janet Duncan born 1806 (not sure who she is or is this a nickname for Christina. She could also be a domestic servant)
Margaret Duncan, born 1830,
George, born 1838
Christina Duncan, born January 1841
Elizabeth Duncan, born January 1841, twins
(The 1841 census was taken June 6, 1841.)
1851 census: Living at Tindals Wynd, Dundee
Christina Duncan, 48 born 1803 in Liff
Margaret Duncan, 21 born born 1830 in Liff
Charles Duncan Jr., 15 born born 1836 in Liff, occupation seaman apprentice (like his father)
George Duncan, 13 born born 1838 in Dundee
Christina Duncan, 10 born 1841 in Dundee
Elizabeth Duncan10 born 1841 in Dundee
Did George Duncan marry the witness at his sister Elizabeth's wedding? Yes!
Based on Sandra's thinking which I truly don’t begin to understand, I thought I would take a chance on George Duncan and Isabel Steele on Scotland’s people and came up a winner.
In 1862 Isabel Steele is the witness for David and Elizabeth’s wedding and later Elizabeth's brother George Duncan moves in with her family and he falls in love with Elizabeth’s neighbor! In the 1871 census Margaret Duncan Craig is living at 14 Fish Street. George marries on April 30th 1867 and is living at 8 Fish Street. His Intended Isabel Steele lives at 13 Fish Street. Duncan’s like Fish Street.
So George is living with his sister Elizabeth and David Shiells, gets married and later in the year Elizabeth dies on September 30, 1867, 5h 25 min pm at 8 Fish Street Dundee, She was 27.