Friday, December 22, 2017

JHG's First Home: 914 N Isabel, Glendale, CA

It took Dad 3 years 9 months 23 days to pay off the Isabel home. 
In 1950 Dad worked for Lockheed for around 2 dollars an hour. 
From 1952 on he worked for NBC, first in Hollywood, later in Burbank.
From at least 1952 to 1956 he worked for Acme Camera and earned a strong salary but less than NBC.
In 1955 he worked for a time at Benjamin Berg Company. 

J...:  I remember going to work with Dad at NBC on the night shift. Dad bought me a green apple from the vending machine. I ate it and fell asleep. 
J...: Dad told me one time, working two jobs was a not a good idea. As usual, I ignored his advice…
Kent: I remember going to work with Dad and watching the Art Linkletter show called House Party.
M...: When NBC move to Burbank dad and I went down to the Hollywood location and scavenged wood and other things out of there old location. Most of the stuff was gone but Dad was after wood and there was plenty there.